Table of Contents
Create a Section for Users with a Certain Number of Posts
The permission sets in ZetaBoards allow administrators to restrict access to a forum on a per-group or even per-user basis. This tutorial describes how to create a forum for a special user group and how to promote users to that group after they reach a certain number of posts.
Create a New Permission Set
Under the Users & Groups section of the Admin CP, select the Forum Access page to view the existing permission sets on your board. Follow these steps:
- At the Create New Permission Set form at the bottom of the page, select Member from the dropdown menu to base this new permission set off the existing Member set.
- Click Create New Permission Set.
- Enter a new name, such as
Advanced Members, for the permission set.
- Alter the permission settings for any of the existing forums.
- Click Add Mask.
Create a New Group
Under the Users & Groups section of the Admin CP, select the Groups page to view the existing user groups. Similarly to the first step, select the Members group from the dropdown menu under the Make New Group form. Then, click the Make New Group button. Follow these steps:
- Give the group a new name, such as
- From the Group Permissions menu, select the Advanced Member permission set that you created in the first step.
- Alter any of the other group settings, and then click Make New Group.
Set Up Automatic Promotion
Return to the Groups page and click on Members to edit the Members group. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and the Automatic Promotions section of the group settings. Follow these steps:
- For the Promote to: option select Advanced Members.
- For the Promote when a member reaches: option, input the amount of posts you want the user to have before they can access the hidden forum section.
- Click Edit to save your changes.
Create the New Forum
Under the Forum Sections section of the Admin CP, select Create Sections. Choose a Normal Forum as the type, and enter the settings for the new forum.
Under the Forum Permissions section of the form, tick the checkboxes for the Advanced Members row to give the Advanced Members group access to this forum. Adjust the permissions for the other permission sets to your satisfaction. An example of the permission settings for the new forum is given below.
Click Create Forum to finish.