Groups are the basic unit of user management, controlling many, but not all, of the permissions and privileges users can exercise. To view, create, and modify member groups, go to the Groups page in the Users & Groups section of the Admin CP.
This section of the page contains a list of all current user groups listed in a tabular format. The headings are as follows:
- Group Name. This is the name of the group in the format in which it is displayed on the board. Click on the group name to edit its settings.
- Special Abilities. This lists the moderation abilities, if any, that the group has.
- Member Count. This is the current amount of members in the group. Clicking on the number will list all users in the group.
- Delete. Clicking
Deletewill permanently delete the respective group.
Creating New Groups
- Every new group must be based off an existing group. On the Groups page, under the Make New Group section, select the group off which to base the new group's settings. Then click Make New Group.
- Enter a new name for the group, and modify its settings to your liking.
- Once you have finished, click Make New Group at the bottom of the page to create the new group.